Lougheed House opened to the public as a historic site in April 2005. The long process to restore the House began in 1995 with the formation of the Lougheed House Conservation Society. The House fell into disrepair during the 1980s, and was in need of help to return it to its former condition. 2015 marked two milestones – the 10th Anniversary of the opening of the House to the public and the 20th Anniversary of the Lougheed House Conservation Society.
As we mark the end of 2015, we can look back at a few snapshots of the process that transformed Lougheed House into the Museum and Historic Site we know today! In 2016, we will be celebrating the 125th Anniversary of the construction of the House in 1891. Watch for further details soon on special of events, performances, workshops, talks and more to celebrate the 125th.