Working at Lougheed House offers you the chance to make history come alive for Calgarians and visitors from around the world. In the process you will also meet new people, learn new skills and be part of a great team.
It is an exciting time to join Lougheed House. Lougheed House was built in 1891 and is a Provincial and National Historic Site. Designed by Ottawa architect James R. Bowes for Senator James and Isabella Lougheed, it is one of the earliest surviving mansions of its kind on the Canadian prairies today. Located in the Beltline district of Calgary amid several acres of heritage gardens and green space, Lougheed House is a provincial and national historic site, an accredited museum and significant Calgary landmark. It features a regular exhibition program, and hosts events, tours, and learning opportunities for visitors of all ages.
COMPANY NAME: Lougheed House Conservation Society
POSITION TITLE: Finance Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
Reporting to the Executive Director, and liaising with the Board Treasurer, the Finance Coordinator is responsible for the financial accounting, and corporate reporting (GST, charitable returns, corporate filings) for Lougheed House. The Finance Corrdinator works closely with Lougheed House team members to gain understanding of Lougheed House’s strategic and program objectives in order to effectively manage the budget in conjunction with the Executive Director.
POSITION DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Full cycle accounting, including accounts payable, accounts receivable processing and reconciliation
- Financial reporting and budget management support
- Manages POS system and payment collection systems, including data entry, inventory counts and management
- Payroll processing, benefits administration and invoice management for Lougheed House
- Time sheet administration for staff, interns and summer students, including tracking of hours worked, vacation, addressing questions, etc.
- Banking management
- Liaises with auditors, and supports annual external audit
- Works with staff, the Treasurer, Finance Committee of the Board, donors and volunteers, as required.
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES:
- A diploma in business, accounting, or a related field
- 3+ years bookkeeping experience with non-profit organizations
- 3+ years of experience using QuickBooks, Amber POS software or equivalent, and multiple payment collection systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in non-profit and charity accounting
- Excellent computer skills, including experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work with close attention to detail and to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks; excellent time-management, problem prevention and problem-solving skills
- Ability to follow through and meet deadlines while coordinating current and long-range projects simultaneously
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with colleagues, the Board, auditors, contractors, the public, Lougheed House stakeholders, donors, and volunteers
- Comfortable working independently in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
- Ability to represent Lougheed House with a high level of integrity and professionalism, adhere to museum policies and support management decisions in a positive, professional manner
- Ability to work on-site at Lougheed House (3 days per week)
JOB LOCATION: Calgary, Alberta
START DATE: As soon as possible
POSITION TYPE: Part-time (with benefits); 3 days per week; 9-4pm, 7 hours per day; onsite at Lougheed House.
Lougheed House is committed to, and values, diversity in the workplace.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Please submit your resume and a cover letter that outlines why your skills, experience, and personality would make you an excellent candidate for the Finance Coodinator role at Lougheed House. Apply here: email@example.com
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: November 30, 2018, at 5:00 p.m. MST.
A security clearance check is required for this role.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries, please.
The job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities of and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.