Volunteering at Lougheed House offers you the chance to make history come alive for Calgarians and visitors from around the world. In the process you will also meet new people, learn new skills and be part of a great team.
These volunteers assist our Head Gardener in nurturing and beautifying the Beaulieu Gardens on the 2.8 acre historic estate. If you like digging, planting, weeding, deadheading, watering and socializing, this is for you!
Events & Programs
Lougheed House hosts several events each year where volunteers are needed. Jobs may include, assisting with children’s activities, helping serve pancake breakfasts, distributing information to guests, or even taking the role of Santa Claus!
Lougheed House is recruiting people to become historic interpreters!
The ideal applicant:
- Has a friendly and outgoing personality
- Feels comfortable and confident working with crowds as well as small group
- Is able to volunteer for at least 4 hours twice a month or 3-4 hours each week, as well as attend workshops, meetings, and training
- Will be committed to upholding the mission of the Lougheed House
Benefits to becoming a Historic Interpreter are many, including:
- Discounts in the Gift Shop
- Access by appointment to the Lougheed House archives and library
- Appreciation dinner for all volunteers
- Having a direct role in helping to tell the story of the Lougheed House, and a direct impact on the type of experience guests will have when they visit by helping to make it memorable
For more information on the above opportunities at Lougheed House, please email us: firstname.lastname@example.orgNo Fields Found.